Our staff are committed to ensuring that every child has every opportunity to learn and succeed and we believe that all students can be high achievers. Our high expectations apply in all areas from behaviour to learning and pride in bookwork.
We want all of our students to have the building blocks to learning, and this means that our focus in the early years is reading, writing, spelling and number. Using a research based teaching framework, all subjects are taught explicitly and differentiated to suit student needs. Children are supported by planned intervention and support programs when required.
Seville Road State School implements the Australian Curriculum in the following learning areas:
- English: literature, language and literacy using the processes of reading, writing, viewing and speaking.
- Mathematics: number and algebra, measurement and geometry, and statistics and probability.
- Science: biological, physical, chemical and earth and space sciences.
- HASS: Humanities and Social Sciences (History, Geography, Civics, Business).
- The Arts: drama, dance, media and visual art, music.
- Health and Physical education.
- Technology: Digital and Design Technology.
- Language other than English (LOTE): Japanese from Prep to year 6.
The Australian Curriculum provides an achievement standard description for each year level.
The Seville Road State School Whole School Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Plan ensures cohesive progression and sequence of learning across the school.